Thursday, May 13, 2010

Paula Deen Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese

This one I found over at Recipezaar.  It was submitted by GiddyUpGo, and the number is 257276! 

I wasn’t quite sure about this recipe… but I tried it anyways!  And, guess what!  It was delicious!!  The kids loved it, I enjoyed it, and Brett liked it too!  So, it is a keeper, and it was definitely easy!  Just make sure you stir it about every half hour… or turn it to the lowest setting you can!  My crockpot heats fast and it started to toast the noodles on the one side!

Ingredients
Directions
  1.  
    Boil the macaroni in water for six minutes. Drain.
  2.  
    In a medium saucepan, mix butter and cheese. Stir until the cheese melts.
  3.  
    In slow cooker, combine cheese mixture and add the eggs (I omitted the eggs), sour cream, soup, salt, milk, mustard and pepper. Add the drained macaroni and stir again.
  4.  
    Cook on low for 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.

I didn’t have any condensed cheddar cheese soup on hand, so I substituted Velveeta instead.  It still turned out great!

No comments:

Post a Comment