Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Cake Pops

I was down at my sister in laws house a few months ago, when we went to a girls’ night!  A woman there served these, and told me to check out Bakerella’s site.  So, I came home and did!  These are so much fun… and easy!

Madisyn just had a birthday, so I thought they would be perfect for her party.  And, we had enough left over that I just threw them in the freezer for a week and served them again at our Easter dinner!  Wonderful for me and everyone that got to enjoy them!

So… here is the easy recipe, and check out Bakerella to find some more fun ideas!

Cake Pops

1 box cake mix (any kind you desire)

1 container of frosting (cream cheese is what she used)

Skewer sticks, popsicle, or sucker sticks for the balls

Melting chocolate or bark

Mix the cake mix according to directions, (or if you prefer to make one from scratch… have at it!)  Bake and cool completely.  Crumble the cake in a bowl and mix with frosting.  Roll into balls and place on cookie sheet.  Freeze the balls until hard.  Place sticks in them and then dip in melted chocolate.

IMG_0819IMG_0818-1

 

Enjoy!

I made rainbow cake with rainbow chip frosting and strawberry cake with cream cheese frosting.  I think it would be good with mint chocolate, chocolate/strawberry, or chocolate chips inside!  Just play and discover what is good to you!  Have fun!

1 comment: