Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken

Here is how I describe this chicken…DELICIOUS!!  I loved it!  I am not a gourmet cook, or even a great cook, but it tasted like something you could get in a good restaurant!  I loved the cream cheese filling, the tender chicken, and the bacon to bring it all together!  Even my kids liked it… and that is saying something since they won’t usually eat meat!

Plus, here is the best part… it really wasn’t hard to make, so that made it even better!

Here is the recipe!

IMG_7693

Bacon-Wrapped Chicken                                                               MarlaKaye Skinner-Taste of Home Cooking School Magazine

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)                  

1 carton (8 ounces) spreadable chive and onion cream cheese

1 tablespoon butter

Salt to taste

6 bacon strips

Flatten chicken breast halves to 1/2 inch thickness.  Spread 3 tablespoons cream cheese over each.  Dot with butter and sprinkle with salt; roll up.  Wrap each chicken breast with bacon strip.

Place, seam side down, in a greased 13-in X 9-in baking pan.  Bake, uncovered, at 400 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees.  Broil 6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until bacon is crisp.

Try this recipe… you won’t regret it!!!

2 comments:

  1. I make this occassionally and it is just soooooo delish. Just thought I let you know how yummy it tasted. I hope this makes you smile :)
    Because it makes me smile. I am eager to share it today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made this before and it is delicious! The only thing I do different is add a slice of fresh jalapeno to the cream cheese, and I like to do them on the grill instead of the oven. Wonderful either way Im sure.

    Hope you dont mind if I follow along. Feel free to visit us at The Fort your welcome anytime.

    Love and Prayers,

    Tim

    ReplyDelete